Wednesday, April 29, 2009

PLATES II

The other day I blogged about some painted plates I bought. I also collect blue-and-white plates. I've decided to hang them in my blue guest room. The problem is, I don't want to just hang up anything. So I'm accumulating them and when I get a few more, then I'll decide what to hang. (I need to take a picture of those I've already hung.)

In the meantime, I have them sitting on top of the dresser. I love this room Reg dresser top 2 because it faces south, and gets the sun for a good portion of the day (in the summer, at least). So even though it's blue, it always looks cheerful.

All these plates were yard sale finds, and I don't think any of them cost more than $1. (And I think the white cotton dresser scarf was a quarter. There are pretty things out there if you're willing to look--and have a good supply of Oxyclean!) I love the little butter pat and now I'm sorry I didn't take a closers picture of it. (One of these days.) And the dresser jar is Avon. I tend to fill them with earrings. (Maybe I should just buy a jewelry box, huh?)

Angels plate I'm quite fond of the angels plate. Aren't they sweet? Sadly, it has a little chip on the bottom, but I so liked the graphic that I'm willing to over look it. I have no idea how old the plate is, but I'm willing to bet it's nearing the century mark. It looks like a one-of-a-kind sort of thing, for I can't imagine there being a set and actually eating off something like this.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi!
Love your plates, but I really came back because I forgot to tell you how much I love your blog banner. I got sidetracked by all my cottage thoughts last time I dropped by, lol.
Have a beautiful blessed day,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets