Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where have I been?

I haven't posted much this summer.  In addition to there being very few sales--and therefore I've bought very little . . . I've been preoccupied with  other matters.

The biggest being my elderly father being admitted to a nursing home.  Why is he there?  He went to the hospital in early July suffering from dehydration.  That small problem escalated and during the 17 days he was there, he developed severe bedsores--FIVE OF THEM.

Now, he's in a nursing home.  My mother stays with him from 8-10 hours a day.  In the meantime, I'm taking care of their home, their errands, their shopping, their laundry.  Did I mention I have a home of my own?  Oh, and I have a job, too.  (Luckily it's a job with flexible hours.)

So I haven't posted much.  But I'll try to do better.  And will post something else later today.

No comments: