Monday, January 11, 2010

Yard sale, anyone?

George Harrison was right: "It's been a long, cold, LONELY winter, and, I don't know about you, but I am SOOOOOOOOO longing for Spring and getting back to yard sales.

It's not that I need anything, and goodness knows I should get rid of some stuff around here, but it's just so much fun going on that weekly treasure hunt. There are real things I need -- although I can't exactly think of one right now and where else can you find something wonderful for a quarter that can decorate that one spot that's been hard to find. (Something like those little pictures to the right--yup, paid a quarter each.)

I like to think of yard sale purchases as the ultimate recycling. Something someone else doesn't want--I love, I use (or just look at fondly). It doesn't end up in a landfill somewhere. It's good for the planet! (Don't you just love the way I can justify stuff.)

What will you be looking for when yard sale season starts again?

No comments: